If a writer falls in love with you, you can never die.

Δευτέρα 21 Νοεμβρίου 2016

Fool Me Once

It's been a year of tremendous, and in many cases unexpected, change.

New territories.

Which bring new possibilities.

Which bring new realities.

Some are exciting.

Others are scary.

And others yet, are simply different.

Therefore, I am different.

They say, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

No. I disagree.

I hate that phrase. It's engulfed in self pity, raising your hands in vain, throwing the blame away.

Fool me one, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on you again.

Because, if I consciously decide to give you another chance, it means I believe in the goodness in you, in your remorse, I choose to give you another chance to prove that you are or have become better,

I believe in the goodness in people. It's there; in all of us and I really believe in it. And I believe in second chances. Thirds even.

So, for a person to shit on that for a second time, it has nothing to do with me: it's all on them. Second time round, it becomes a choice. We all make mistakes of course, it's how we learn. People may not change per-se, but they are capable of learning. And learning brings growth, it evolves us. Where as change, is just a switch without basis or boundaries, or a good solid core.

So yes, shame on you if you fool me once, but fool me twice? It's still all on you. For deceiving yourself and denying yourself the goodness you have in you.

So here I am, on this otherwise slow idle Monday night, trusting in the goodness is you. And hoping you are believing in the goodness in me.

We've come a long long way together and I wouldn't be here if I didn't believe, if I didn't care, if I hadn't evolved in the way you see that I have evolved,

I consciously choose to believe that you too have evolved.

And with that, I'm going to bed.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου