If a writer falls in love with you, you can never die.

Σάββατο 22 Νοεμβρίου 2014

Requiem

We were young.

Everything was bright. We shared smiles and candy.

There was music and light.

And a promising feeling that things were only going to get better.

And yet we grow up.

And the merry-go-round of life isn't what it's cut out to be.

It's not like they promised us it would be.

I looked out the window.

It was a dark sad night.

I was standing in the middle of the living room. Couldn't bring myself to sit down.

Our shoulders were touching, but we were looking in opposite directions.

"It's a pity" you said.

My mouth had already turned to sand, no sound could possibly come out of me except the deepest, darkest, saddest cry for help.

I don't remember much. Before or after that. But I remember that very moment so clearly; that breath you took, that sharp thought that went through my mind, the street noises from down bellow and the pain oozing out of my heart, my soul, my mind, all over me, how you turned and looked at me, how I looked at you, your smell, how your face felt.

I didn't look back walking out. And yet somehow, it feels that I've been walking backwards for a year now, trying not to lose sight of you, as if I can't even turn away.

It's a dark night. A sad one too I guess.

And I miss you so much right now.


2 σχόλια:

  1. Walking away without looking back is the epitome of hardness against ourselves in order to protect ourselves! What a contradiction!
    ... and the price we pay is exactly what you said: walking backwards, trying not to lose sight.
    And then the time comes, when we realise the truth. It's like trying to keep air into a cage by just shutting its door.
    And we realise its time to let go what it's already gone.

    And then you wake up.
    Take a deep breath.
    And begin to walk forward.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
    Απαντήσεις
    1. "And then the time comes, when we realise the truth. It's like trying to keep air into a cage by just shutting its door.
      And we realise its time to let go what it's already gone.

      And then you wake up.
      Take a deep breath.
      And begin to walk forward."

      Couldn't have said it better myself x Hope you're safe and warm

      Διαγραφή